Royal is offering an outstanding opportunity to apply your experience and skills as a Bilingual HR Business Partner. Candidates should embrace the HR function as a customer focused support to the business. Have self-confidence and judgment and be able to respond appropriately to a variety of HR related issues on an ongoing basis. Under the guidance of the Human Resources Director, you will work closely with all levels of employees at our 18 distribution branches located in 6 provinces across Canada. Your responsibilities will include supporting the managers and employees of distribution in the areas of: recruitment and staffing, orientation, HRIS (workday), employee relations, communications, and deployment of corporate HR programs and initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building trust and partnership with managers and employees while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for coordinating staffing requirements, including recruiting qualified candidates, assisting in the preparation of position job description, postings, interviewing, references and offers of employment.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors with the interpretation and application of provincial employment legislation, including Employment and or Labour Standards Acts and Human Rights Codes.
- Maintain and update employee data to the HRIS (Workday), and use the system to create HR management reports.
- Compile and submit payroll data to corporate payroll department.
- Administer annual salaried and hourly compensation review programs for distribution employees.
- Administer annual benefits re-enrollment, and other programs according to the HR calendar.
- Ensure impactful and open communication with branch managers and employees, including preparation of written communication.
- Provide guidance to managers on employee relations matters, and conduct investigations to achieve resolution, including documentation of discipline.
- Ability to adapt to change and perform other duties and assignments as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, but can determine when guidance is necessary from the Human Resources Director
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 5 or more years HR Generalist experience
- Experience working with HRIS systems (Workday)
- Human Resources Management Certificate would be an asset.
- University Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (written and spoken)
- Willing and able to travel across Canada (30%)