The Orvis Retail Sales Associate – Key Holder is responsible for creating a world-class shopping experience for Orvis customers and is a retail professional role model in attitude and appearance to other sales associates. The Key Holder assists the Store and Fishing Managers in management duties of the retail store and completes all assignments delegated by the managers. This position has store opening and closing responsibilities, and will work primarily in the fly-fishing department. Fly-fishing experience is required.
About the Company
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, and an employer-matched 401(K) savings plan. Orvis is an equal-opportunity employer.
The position reports directly to the Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates. Position will interact regularly with Accounting and Orvis Service Center associates.
- Be an ambassador of the brand and instill the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture in the entire team;
- Achieve defined sales goals;
- Assist customers by providing individualized attention;
- Acquire knowledge of Orvis products;
- Complete additional assignments from store management, including but not limited to:
a. Stocking and maintaining sales floor
b. Processing shipments into and out of store
c. Processing catalog orders filled through store
d. Maintaining visual presentation standards
- Perform store opening and closing responsibilities;
- Assist Store Manager and Fishing Manager in management duties.
- Retail experience;
- Fly-fishing experience;
- Excellent retail business acumen including selling skills, visual presentation, and sales analysis;
- Flexibility in personal time commitments to do what is necessary based on the needs of the business;
- Up-to-date computer skills with the aptitude to learn and utilize business programs and the ability to teach these programs to other store associates;
- Physical ability to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas, and the stamina to execute floor sets;
- Ability to receive and process large shipments of merchandise daily as well as implement and oversee the efficient organization of inventory flow.
- Key holder experience;
- Specialty retail experience;
- Merchandising experience;
- College degree.