Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
We are currently seeking a talented District Manager to oversee one of our hauling companies in the Central Region; Omaha, Sioux Falls, Houston, El Paso, Denver, OKC and Wichita.. As District Manager, you will manage the overall operations and report to the Regional Vice President.
We are looking for a candidate that will manage the day-to-day operations of a single or multiple sites with minimal direction. This Manager will establish and maintain performance and productivity metrics and cost management processes.
In this role you will spend a significant amount of time developing, motivating, and managing sales staff, operations staff and accounting staff. In addition, managing the district’s pricing quality and margin enhancement, managing the sales costs of the district, and ensuring that the monthly budgets are met.
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures and systems for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving profit, processes and return on investment. Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Regional Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains performance targets, objectives and standards for each service activity at the site.
- Has full P&L and capital responsibility for the site.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partners with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure WCI is providing top notch customer service, and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts, negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures that safe, reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance.
- Defines and implements market strategy.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degrees preferred
- Five+ years management level experience in the waste industry
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of waste hauling operating procedures
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
- Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks
- Travels regularly to customer or other company locations
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves, dirt, odor, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, relocation assistance and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future.”
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)