Seasonal Security Officer
We are currently seeking experienced security officers for the upcoming season, which will run from 11/1/2014 to 12/25/2014.
UncommonGoods is a fun, fast-paced and creative e-commerce retailer based in Brooklyn. Our team is a diverse bunch of friendly, hard-working, outside the box thinking people who sell an eclectic group of handmade, recycled and just-plain-fun products. We care about our impact on the environment and the world, and believe in taking our work seriously, just not ourselves. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, inquisitive, and self-motivated individual with a strong background in the security field.
• Secure the premise and personnel by patrolling properly, monitoring surveillance equipment, and inspecting warehouse access points.
• Prevent losses and damages by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
• Sign guests in and out, answer phones, direct traffic, etc.
• Open availability is preferred.
• Must have at least two years’ experience in security work (loss prevention, surveillance, foot patrols, etc.)
• Must be able to communicate respectfully and professionally with all managers, coworkers and employees.
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current 8hr security training certificate.
• Must have a valid New York State security guard license.
Apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ugoods&jobId=15727&lang=en_US.