Cutters will be responsible for cutting all highlights requested by our Minor League Editorial department. These will many times be the night of or day following the games. Highlights will populate to the MiLB.com site.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cutters will quality control the audio and video of all highlights requested, adjusting the in/out points as necessary through our proprietary cutting software.
- These highlights will require an appropriate thumbnail to be created from the source video, which will populate on the site along with the highlight.
- These assets will then need to be syndicated through our Data Asset Management system, including all appropriate metadata.
- Cutters will follow-up with appropriate parties if there are any issues and also be responsible for sending out a nightly report documenting various items from the day.
- Knowledge of the rules of baseball as well as a familiarity in identifying key players and relevant game story lines is a must.
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed including weekends, late nights and some holidays.
- Motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate well are a necessity.
- Capability of identifying various audio and video issues.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills necessary. Working knowledge of Mac OS, and some form of video editing software are definitely a must.
Shifts and Pay:
- Most shifts will be nights and weekends. Personnel will be assigned 2 (6-8 hour) shifts minimum per week to start. There is the possibility to work up to 4 shifts depending upon performance and our needs.
- Each shift will be paid hourly, with compensation for late night shifts.