Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This Facilities Engineering position is located in Anadarko’s Denver, Colorado office and is a member of the Rockies Operations Team. This position provides technical leadership and support to field operations, ensuring safe facility design and optimized operations. This position will work closely with field staff to support every aspect of field operations including base production, facilities, and plants. Surveillance and optimization are key aspects of support.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Oil and Gas Facilities Engineering including natural gas processing / treating, compression, gathering, and well head separation
- Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to use multiple data sources to solve operational problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Strong understanding and demonstrated ability to execute Process Safety Management, (PSM), elements
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards, environmental regulations and requirements for the safe production, handling, treatment and delivery of oil and natural gas products to market
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Operations Field staff, EHS, Construction Operations, Operations Management, State & Local regulatory agencies and Construction Engineering Groups
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying complexity
- Candidate should be proficient in the development and use of typical process safety information including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Ability to provide leadership and work in a cross functional environment
- Proficient in MS Office Products, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and Process Simulation Software ( Pro Max, Hysis, PIPEPHASE, SynerGEE, etc.)
- Provide day to day Facilities Engineering support to Field Operations:
- Optimization of base operations including development and implementation of projects to increase production, reduce costs, improve safety, and ensure compliance.
- Troubleshooting process problems, providing recommendations, and implementing solutions for resolution.
- Providing technical input to a Management of Change Process including:
- Equipment design and development of process safety information
- Participation in Process Hazard Analysis Studies
- Providing technical input and review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Supporting implementation and ongoing execution of Mechanical Integrity programs.
- Act as a liaison between in-house or external construction engineering groups and field operations
- Provide engineering support, assistance, and direction to operations staff from wellbore perf zone thru product sales meter.
- Develop and justify AFE’s for assigned projects. Measure actual costs / returns against projected results of analysis / recommendations and report outcomes.
- Identify potentially hazardous conditions and design operation that will protect employee and public safety, and the safety of all company resources.
- Work in a cross functional environment and interact with team members from various disciplines.
Bachelors Degree Required (Mechanical, Chemical, or Petroleum)
Certifications / Licenses:
Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required
This position is eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required (field based) for this position is approximately 20%. Typical areas of travel will be Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah.
This position is eligible for 9/80 work schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.