Class B Mechanic
|Location:||Kansas City Metro Area|
|# of openings:||2|
Deffenbaugh Industries is hiring a Class B Mechanic to perform routine diagnosis of chassis and body defects. This person will utilize hand, air, and electrical tools and instruments to return out of service units to DOT compliant status through consultation, diagnosis and repair.
This full time Class B Mechanic position is responsible for the following duties:
· Perform high level unsupervised repairs on electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, brake, air, and suspension systems.
· Perform maintenance inspections
· Perform diagnosis of equipment
· PC and GPS Computer systems diagnosis and repair
· Interpret VCR’s and communicate for more efficient and cost effective repair
· Provide guidance to lower level mechanics
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
· 4-8 years experience as a high level diesel mechanic
· Some ASE Certifications
· M-4 Mack V-Mack Electrical
· M-7 Mack Brake System
· M-8 Mack HVAC
· Tire and Wheel Fastening
· DDS Brake Inspector
· DDS Annual Inspector
· Mack- Parts Failure Diagnostics
· Class B CDL Preferred with satisfactory MVR
· The ability to work independently of a supervisor while repairing electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, brake, air, and suspension systems.
· The ability to read and understand manuals.
· Ability to spot the difference between warranty and non-warranty repairs.
· Must furnish own master tool set.
High school Education or GED, Advanced computer skills, Mastery level of understanding service and technical information, Vocational schooling with advanced fundamentals including: Engine, power train and exhaust systems. Bumper to Bumper knowledge, Ability to diagnose any issue, ASE Certification preferred.*
The work environment is permanently outside: heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*All candidates are subject to a background check and drug testing. Apply on-line at www.deffenbaughinc.com. EOE/AAP/MF
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results