Senior Electrical Engineer, Advanced Research Projects
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors is seeking s Senior Electrical Engineer with 3-5 years of electronics prototyping and development experience. This role will be responsible for investigating new technologies for application to Tesla’s Infotainment, Body Controls, and Driver Assistance systems. The engineer will evaluate technology leads, create prototype demonstrations, and transfer knowledge to development teams. The ideal candidate should have a strong electronics background that is complemented by solid embedded programming skills and rapid prototyping capabilities.
- Passionate about electrical/electronic systems, new technologies, and cars.
- Have a good understanding of displays, touchscreens, cameras, wireless communications, and audio technologies.
- Have experience with various sensing technologies such as IR, vision, RF, touch, inertial, etc.
- Keep up to date on latest technologies and developments.
- Evaluate new technology leads through objective measures and testing.
- Collaborate with development teams and component experts to understand needs and present potential solutions.
- Build prototypes and integrate into vehicles to demonstrate and showcase technologies.
- Clearly communicate and present findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with development teams to transfer knowledge and designs.
- Have solid technical depth in electrical engineering or mechatronics.
- Have strong technical breadth with programming and rapid prototyping.
- Familiarity with vehicle systems preferred but not required.
- Greater than 5 years’ experience
- BS, MSc., or PhD. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.