|<< Back to Search Results
Senior Engineer - Seating Systems
|# of openings:||1|
|Job Type:||Full time|
Sr. Engineer - Seating Systems
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla provides a rare opportunity to work for a company with: exciting challenges, great opportunities for broad responsibility, truly beneficial products, high-visibility and name recognition, and competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. This position is in Fremont, California.
As an Engineer of Seating Systems in Tesla’s Interior Engineering Team, you will be responsible for design, release and launch of the complete interior system for future Tesla vehicle product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function and luxury.
Commodities of particular importance include seating structures, mechanisms, foam, electrics packaging, trim and the integration of these commodities into the vehicle. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these commodities and develop as a full vehicle engineer – designing and delivering systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team of the best automotive engineers in the industry. You will report to the Manager of Seating Engineering and this position resides in Tesla’s Interior Engineering Team.
Along with Tesla’s vehicle engineering team, you will design, release and launch interior components and subsystems which are aligned with program product profile with responsibilities to include:
• Develop and execute interior system requirements for one or more of the aforementioned interior commodities.
• Achieve customer-driven interior system targets for luxury, function, cost and weight.
•Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program.
•Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in automotive interior component and subsystem engineering, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA v5.
• Automotive engineering with seating experience, lightweight materials is preferred (5-8years).
• Experience managing suppliers for product development.
• Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials (stamped, injection mold, etc.) and designing kinematics/ mechanisms.
• Understand the fundamental differences in design and engineering of premium luxury interior trim and systems and have examples or a portfolio of completed programs.
• Have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
• Strong proficiency in utilizing CATIA V5 is essential within an automotive product development environment
• Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
•Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the programs.
• Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results