Applications Specialist, Canada (FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc.)
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. We are based in Toronto, Canada.
Under the general direction of the Project Team Leader, participates as a high level technical expert in planning, designing, developing, coding, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to drive a high frequency biomedical ultrasound scanner. Demonstrating excellent communication skills, works as a liaison with other Engineering, Software, and Customer Support staff to understand enhancements to and problems with products and prototypes. May resolve customer complaints as assigned and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. May supervise other Software Developers on assigned projects.
- Pre Sales Demonstrations
- Provide pre-sales demonstrations of high-resolution ultrasound equipment and related research-specific applications for prospective customers at our facilities in Toronto, at customer sites and at select luminary sites
- Travel to and participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as subject matter expert on high-resolution ultrasound, imaging techniques and applications
- Customer Training
- Provide pre-installation and post-installation application support of high-resolution ultrasound equipment and related research-specific applications
- Provide training for our customers on the use of newly acquired equipment both in our Toronto-based training facility and at customer locations (travel involved). A specific focus will be on parlaying sonographic expertise to users who are new to ultrasound as an imaging modality.
- ability to deliver specialized and general presentations about products, applications and new developments at customer sites, conferences, workshops and over the phone and internet
- Ability to travel approximately 50% - 75% of working time as required.
- Product Enhancement / Development Responsibilities
- Collect and provide user feedback for product development initiatives to enhance future products and towards the development of new application-based functionality. Assist in evaluating new products where applicable.
- Application-related Protocols/Procedures
- Develop procedure manuals and training materials for; Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia, Adult Mouse Organ Imaging/Doppler, Adult Mouse Cardiology Imaging/Doppler, Embryonic Mouse (General) Imaging/Doppler, Embryonic Mouse Cardiology Imaging/Doppler, Molecular Imaging and Contrast Research
- Application and Science Development
- Work with and maintain strong ties to luminary or partner labs developing new protocols and completing new experiments.
- Commitment to developing extensive knowledge of products and applications
The position reports directly to the Applications Team Leader. Internally, the Applications Specialist shall promote positive and effective working relationships and work cooperatively to achieve assigned goals. This includes interaction with Sales Managers to manage customer expectations and facilitate the sale of systems. Externally the Applications Specialist shall work closely with customers, end users, and luminaries to support the development, sales, support and training of VSI products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a Masters degree in Developmental Biology, Medical Biophysics,
- Medical Genetics or Zoology science or equivalent discipline or Bachelor degree; science or biology preferred but not essential.
- RDMS and RDCS (Adult and/or Pediatric) Certification
- Excellent knowledge in mouse anatomy and physiology.
- Good knowledge in oncology, cardiology & neurobiology.
- Good knowledge of genetics & molecular biology.
- Good experience with small animal practices & techniques - Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia.
- Experience working with ISO 9001 quality standard is desirable.
- Experience in medical software and knowledge in imaging applications is an asset.
- Good computer skills or previous experience in a clinical Ultrasound environment.
- 3 years+ clinical applications experience with ultrasound either for an equipment manufacturer or in a clinical ultrasound facility.
- Degree in radiology technology or diagnostic/digital imaging or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent business writing skills and good business sense
- Must possess strong problem solving skills
- Excellent priority setting and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle tasks concurrently rather than sequentially
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail, preservation and follow-up
- Proven ability to mentor less experienced peers.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive professional attitude, eager to learn from new and challenging opportunities
FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.visualsonics.com.
FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.