Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents computer networks and infrastructure. As a team leader, plans and provides basic direction and leadership within engineering group. Responsible for higher level designs and more advanced troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs design and analysis of IP addressing, network security, internet access, e-mail, DNS, disaster recovery, content filtering, power considerations and remote access.
- Demonstrates understanding of Ethernet frames, frame switching, Ether types: T-1, DS-3, PPP, and Frame Relay.
- Masters assigned discipline within technical offering (ie: video, security network management, remote access, and/or routing).
- Defines Scopes of Work and Bills of Material.
- Develops design schematics using Visio, MS PowerPoint and sketches.
- Attains quick problem resolution during implementation and/or troubleshooting of systems.
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Utilizes products correctly and to degree required by customers and manufacturer.
- Conducts training of customers and company employees in both formal and informal environments.
- Files all appropriate documentation and appropriate reports as assigned.
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales designs, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to network down emergencies).
- Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Works directly with Logicalis Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job requires the Senior Network Engineer to be a Project Team Leader as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years in Cisco environments; switches, routers or firewalls.
- Specialty such as network infrastructure, network security or network management.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
One or more of following Cisco certifications required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Perform highly integrated designs and high level of troubleshooting.
- Stays on leading edge of technology by learning new techniques and methods through continual education. Training may require travel and overnight lodging.
- Familiarity with company policies and procedures and review whenever clarification is required prior to addressing an issue in question with others.
- Evaluates, escalates, and exercises good judgment and make decisions based on limited information.
- Possess ability to work as stand alone or in team environment.
- Meets deadlines by prioritizing work requests based on sense of urgency.
- Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral, written, technical, and business communication skills.
- Superb customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.