Our social business, AdParlor, is the leader in handling large Facebook Ad campaigns. We offer a full-service managed solution as well as a self-service solution for buying Facebook Ads for the majority of the large spenders on the platform. AdParlor has also been named one of the first Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developers (sPMD) and exclusive Twitter Ads API Partners. The company works with all kinds of advertisers – including large brands & agencies, social gaming companies, and local deal sites.
AdParlor headquarters are in Toronto with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Germany, France and Brazil. This position will report to the General Manager, AdParlor.
The Marketing Director will further define and build AdParlor’s brand and reputation in the industry. Primary duties include:
- Brand Leadership and Differentiation: Define a compelling story regarding AdParlor’s global leadership in social advertising and usefulness to advertisers, and ensure it feeds consistently into all key messaging.
- Product Marketing: Develop go-to-market strategies for launch of new products. Monitor changing customer trends and competitor strengths/weaknesses and provide relevant information to incorporate into new products and services. With support from creative department, create compelling product collateral with key differentiators clearly defined.
- Partner Marketing: Demonstrate effective relationship skills and ability to develop robust plans to grow relationships with strategic partners, e.g., Facebook and Twitter. Work collaboratively with partner marketing teams to develop shared marketing materials. Support event marketing as needed.
- Aggressive Online Lead Generation: Ensure website is optimized to generate leads and revenue from inbound website activities. Rigorously track and measure progress of current lead generation efforts and help recommend and test additional ROI-positive lead generation efforts (e.g., curated content marketing, case studies, social channels, campaign development, lead nurturing, etc.).
Additional duties include:
- Sales Support: Work with sales operations team to ensure all sales activities are supported with sales collateral; at trade shows; with presentation slides.
- Conferences: Support for, and visits to, key conferences. 1-2 trips (of 1-4 nights) likely every month, to U.S. and periodically overseas.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- 3-5 years experience and demonstrated success in-
- Digital Marketing (B2B preferred)
- Social Marketing
- Product Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Proven experience and success launching products in market.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills to measure business performance.
- Intermediate to high understanding of ad technology.
- Monthly travel required.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Self Starter: proven ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and execute key plans, all with minimal oversight.
- Team Player: Works well with others cross-functionally.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships. Must also possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Capable of grasping the big picture and translating into action items.
- Innovative: Curious, innovative and challenging thought leader in social advertising.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
There are several key measurements of success this employee will use to benchmark performance including:
- Maintaining AdParlor’s position on page 1 of Google’s natural results for all key searches such as “Facebook advertising.”
- Increasing awareness and interest among key decision makers, to include- positive brand mentions in media and industry, increased interviews of AdParlor executives by the press or at conferences, distribution of white papers, case studies, etc.
- Generation and tracking of inbound leads and revenue via digital activity (e.g., website improvements, SEO) and events.
- Fostering internal customer feedback regarding collaboration, coordination and cross-pollination of learnings.