DMI is a fast-growing IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm with break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cybersecurity, and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has enabled us to achieve more than 970% growth since 2009, and in 2012 we were recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the Unites States. Our rapidly expanding client base includes all 15 Federal Executive Departments, and scores of commercial clients. Ranked as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal, DMI offers our employees continual opportunities for personal and professional growth and enrichment. DMI is a rising star -- hitch up your wagon!
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking an UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator to support classified systems in Seaside, CA.
Serve as the Unix/ Linux system administrator to develop, implement and maintain server infrastructure for classified systems in a large enterprise. The candidate will:
- Plan, install, build, manage, support, configure and test server infrastructure components and connectivity
- Identify physical facility requirements needed to operate server infrastructure components (i.e. floor space, equipment clearance, electrical, cooling, cabling, weight load)
- Provide primary system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Linux environment and performance issues
- Maintain server security in compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and supporting vendor requirements
- Perform 24x7 on call duties on a rotation basis with the other system administrators
- Analyze Unix/Windows Systems, check processes and log files, and retrieve and review information contained within logs for troubleshooting
- Monitor and troubleshoot backups, scheduled Cron jobs, and be able to monitor systems and processes and take proactive action
- Provide consulting services and support for release package testing, installation, deployment and operation
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for server infrastructure infrastructures
- Provide consulting and support services to identify server infrastructure operational, monitoring and reporting
- Perform system changes following existing change management processes.
- Conduct server infrastructure architecture analysis ranging across multiple storage technologies (NAS/SAN) and vendors (Brocade, Hitachi).
- Perform proactive capacity planning, including short term and long-term trend analysis, ensuring all server infrastructure devices are monitored for capacity and stability
- Demonstrate the ability to time-manage and prioritize, take a proactive approach to improving services, and have an innovative and keen interest in learning new technologies.
- Analyzes user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues
- Define and integrate current best practices (technical, security, process) in server infrastructure solution analysis and definition.
- Coordinate regularly with management on solution plans and status
- Review Audit Logs ,Track/monitor system performance and activity
- Perform routine maintenance, Check free hard-drive space ,Physical checks of system. Perform Hardware/Software Inventory
- Compare system configuration files against a baseline for changes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must possess active IT-1/SSBI Secret Government Security Clearance
- 5 years’ proficiency in managing and administering Linux / Unix OS and hardware infrastructure
- 5 years’ experience NFS, Storage, Replication
- 2-3 years of project management skills to manage individual projects to complete within timelines
- Experienced with Brocade SAN switches,
- Experienced with Redhat and Solaris operating systems
- Good knowledge of Hitachi Storage solutions:
- Hitachi Data Protection Suite
- CommVault Simpana
- Hitachi Universal Replicator
- Hitachi ShadowImage In-System Replication
- Hitachi Tuning Manager
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Analyzes statistics to identify and resolve network problems. Keeps abreast of operational support technologies and industry trends
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Redhat and Hitachi certification is a plus
- Public Key Infrastructure knowledge is a plus
- Virtualization experience is a plus
- Foundational or expert knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management information systems, computer science engineering, business and/or related technical field
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.