North Central Health Care (NCHC) is a human services organization serving the counties of Langlade, Lincoln and Marathon. North Central Health Care, with its main campus in Wausau, has additional offices located in Antigo, Merrill and Tomahawk. NCHC offers outpatient, community support and inpatient services for mental/emotional problems; vocational, life skills training, early intervention, and housing services for the developmentally disabled; and assessment, individual and outpatient group counseling, intensive programming, day treatment, hospital, referral for residential and inpatient treatment, and education for alcohol and other drug problems. Services for detoxification and for persons suffering from problems with gambling addiction are offered as well.
Our nursing home, Mount View Care Center, offers skilled nursing services at the main campus, with a licensed capacity of 265. Persons requiring either short term or long term skilled nursing care because of complex physical needs, psychiatric and neurological diseases, dementia or behavior problems are served.
North Central Health Care employees enjoy competitive wages, flexible schedules for many positions, and a range of excellent full/part-time benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement plan
- Optional life insurance with spouse & dependent coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employer-funded HRA account
- Short-term disability plan
- Long-term disability coverage
- Optional 457b Deferred Compensation plans
- Scholarship program
- Generous Paid Leave Time program with select holidays
- Employee recognition programs and an enjoyable work environment
Work involves tray line food assembly, dish room assembly, pot-n-pan clean up, cafeteria service, as well as general housekeeping tasks. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Food Service Manager with support from the cooks. Work assignments are received in the form of verbal instruction.
This is a parttime position, working in our Food Service Department. Shifts are 4 pm - 7:30 pm & 6:15 am - 2:45 pm. There is a weekend requirement, working 2 out of every 3.
- Ability to stand during entire shift and work at a pace which allows tasks to be completed within defined timeframes.
- Ability to use both hands at one time for different tasks.
- Ability to do frequent reaching, lift 35# unassisted, repetitive tasks ( dish room /tray line) ,stooping, bending.
- Ability to work as a team and alone to complete all assigned work.
- Ability to follow safety and sanitary procedures (as well as learn new procedures) while completing all work.
- Ability to read and react to written information on tray line tickets as they go down the conveyor system.
- Ability to accept directives from FSM or Administrative Dietitian.
- Ability to operate in high or low stress levels related to normal food service operations.
- Ability to learn and consistently follow modified diets as they apply to various menus.
- Ability to tolerate differences in temperatures and humidity levels.
- Ability to read posted information, for example: policies, procedures, menus, daily task assignments.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be physically able to perform work duties.
- Must be able to follow written and oral direction in English.
- Must provide proof of employment eligibility.
- Assembles prepared food onto trays for general and therapeutic diets as well as for cafeteria customers.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner
- Disassembles trays and prepares dishes and utensils for washing through flight dish machine
- Completes hand scrubbing as needed and organizes pots-pans work area , performing final cleaning following all sanitation policies and procedures
- Disposes of trash as assigned
- Delivers clean dishes and utensils to proper kitchen areas
- Cleans equipment, food prep and service areas, mops floors as needed
- Assists in assembling items such as bag lunches, and buttered toast
- Completes special cleaning duties as posted on daily assignment sheets
- Completes all daily assignments within given 3.5 or 8.0 hour shift
- Ability to work day and p.m. shift assignments: 6:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. (4:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.)
Competitive hourly wage.
Selection of the successful candidate may be made by assessment of experience and education, criminal record check, oral interview; review of references, written background inventory, and other appropriate job-related selection procedures. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
North Central Health Care will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the Human Resources Department office or phone (715) 848-4420 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline.
Wisconsin Statutes, Sections 19.36 (7), 64.09 (5), and 64.11 (7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36 (7), Wis. Stats. that allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that North Central Health Care not provide access to this information.
If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Human Resources Department. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.