Haiti Finance Director
|Location:||WC - Haiti|
|# of openings:||1|
|Requisition Closing Date:|
|Job Description:||World Concern is a Christian global relief and development agency that extends opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty. We serve nearly 5 million people in 16 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
Position: Finance Director
Location: Port au Prince, Haiti
Reports To: World Concern Finance Director
Contract Length: 2 – 5 years, depending on availability
Purpose: Guided by World Concern’s global strategic plan, provide leadership and support to World Concern Haiti in the areas of accounting, finance, forecasting, budgeting, reporting and analysis. Supervise and manage all financial transactions and financial planning for the office and accounting personnel in the central and field offices. The Finance Director will report to and work closely with Country Director to ensure financial leadership, reporting, and compliance align with World Concern’s strategic plan and objectives.
1. Serve on the Haiti leadership team and participate in discussion concerning projects and administrative decisions.
2. Identify and propose improvements and modifications to the management and reporting systems. Make recommendations for remediation of any identified problems and following up to assess results.
3. Provide recommendations to the Country Director regarding best practices and other changes based on financial evaluations and industry standards.
Finance & Accounting
1. Responsible for reviewing and submitting all financial reports to the Haiti Country Director and WC headquarters office, meeting the required monthly deadlines.
2. Oversee forecasting and budgeting operations for World Concern Haiti by organizing and controlling the budgeting process for the World Concern Haiti office. Assist the Country Director and HQ staff in the preparation of the budgets for new projects submission to institutional donors.
3. Oversee submission of all financial reports required by major donors of field generated income.
4. Review the reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and ensure timely completion.
5. Manage the following revenue projection in an accurate, complete and timely manner for World Concern Haiti:
• Long Term Pro-forma: design a tool that will project revenue and expenses for the various programs. Analyze date and present recommendations to leadership
• Short Term Pro-forma: use the analysis from the projected revenue and expenses to recommend future budget planning.
6. Review and analyze World Concern monthly financial statements and report the financial status of the organization to the Haiti management team on a monthly basis.
7. Review journal entries and complete any adjusting entries as necessary, including but not limited to, time and effort allocation entries.
8. Manage and supervise the performance of the Haiti central office accountants, Finance Officer and regional office accountants including microcredit staff.
9. Supervise and counsel the activities of the field accountants and petty cash officers of World Concern Haiti. Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day to day financial operations and training as needed.
10. Perform a semi-annual performance analysis of micro-credit loan portfolio and make suggested actions to management and headquarter accounting staff as necessary. Develop a program for performing periodic internal audits of the micro-credit loan portfolio.
1. Make sure all financial documents are in compliance with the requirements for supporting documentation, following World Concern financial procedures. Ensure all additional documents are obtained and procedures required by U.S. government grants are followed as applicable.
2. Supervise and coordinate all auditing requirements for the Haiti Office and field offices. Provide requested documentation to the WC headquarters office for the organization’s annual audit, meeting deadlines as stipulated.
3. Review existing World Concern Haiti finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance and smooth operations. Identify, develop, implement and administer policies and procedures necessary for the effective financial operations throughout World Concern Haiti.
4. Comply with local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising the Country Director on needed actions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Commitment to World Concern’s values and mission.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
4. Ten years accounting experience in a business and/or non-profit organization, with at least five in a leadership role
5. Administration and management experience in a cross-cultural setting.
6. Working knowledge of accounting software packages and Microsoft Office.
7. Must have problem solving capabilities; be able to work independently while staying aligned with the culture and strategic direction of the organization.
8. Work efficiently and professionally with a variety of personality types.
9. Available for at least a two year commitment.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
1. Grant Compliance and Governance, including U.S. Government grants.
2. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
3. Demonstrated ability to teach and train others in small group settings.
4. Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak French and/or Creole
1. Requires travel to different offices in the Haiti region and possible travel to the US headquarters in Seattle, WA (20%).
2. Urban living conditions with exposure at times to challenging living conditions.
|Back to Search Results