|Location:||WC - Myanmar|
|# of openings:||1|
|Requisition Closing Date:|
|Job Description:||Purpose: With assistance and guidance from the Asia Area Office, act as liaison between World Concern Headquarters (Seattle) and the Asian Country Offices regarding communication and flow of information.
1. Manage a local data collection system that captures field-based information needed at WC headquarters. This can include data for organizational compliance, reporting and internal organizational information.
2. Collect or assure the collection of beneficiary stories and program updates from the projects for WC’s HQ Marketing team.
3. Assure communication with WC headquarters regarding field-side staff changes or field based staff information changes.
4. Be responsible for writing/collecting information or articles for World Concern’s global staff newsletter, coordinating that effort with HQ’s designated marketing representative.
5. Communicate with deputation donor churches and individuals supporting your role in World Concern.
6. Develop a strategy and implement how to utilize expatriate volunteers in the Bangkok office, furthering World Concern’s work.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
1. Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ and committed to World Concern’s values and mission.
2. BA in a relevant field.
3. Fluent in English.
4. Knowledge or willingness to learn conversational Thai.
5. Competence in the use of Microsoft Office.
6. Willingness and ability to raise personal prayer and finances.
7. Ability to research and prepare project reports for international donors.
8. Highly organized, numbers orientated yet able to change directions and reorganize at a moment’s notice.
9. Willingness to listen to local staff regarding organizational protocols of security and line management a must.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
1. Prior experience in a development context
2. Willingness to live in Bangkok at a similar standard of living as local staff
3. Prior fundraising experience from mission trips, etc.
1. This position is based in Thailand, with Bangkok as the principle center of operations. Travel to and from rural areas may occur.
2. Operating environment can be volatile at times, with security restrictions in force.
3. Cross-cultural work environment.
4. Needs to be able to work as a member of a team of local staff.
This is a deputized position and requires individuals to raise their own support. To learn more about our deputized positions, please visit www.worldconcern.org/employment/fundraising.htm
|Back to Search Results