Be part of the effort to bring Ubuntu Cloud into the datacenter. Our team is geographically distributed, we are able to deliver Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure solutions globally and work with our leading partners. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for building the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
You will be accountable for providing outstanding technical professional services delivery to our global customers. From delivering proof of concepts deployments of leading edge technologies, developing design recommendations, to working as part of a team deploying mission critical cloud infrastructure. You must be an experienced technical professional, an excellent communicator, with a keen service oriented focus. As part of Canonicals services team, you will work directly with Canonical and partner engagement managers, as well as cloud and system architects.
Key areas of accountability and responsibility
- Your day to day duties will include:
- deliver and support to Canonical consulting customers and Canonical Partners
- deliver leading edge Cloud and Server solutions as part of a team.
- deliver technically challenging solutions required to complete the roll out of a larger services offering.
- consult with your peers, engagement managers and architects, participating as a team to deliver a solution.
- escalate to management or engineering as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate and keeping the customers informed
- collaborate with management and engineering in order to resolve delivery issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate
- contribute your delivery technical documentation and proven methods to a common services knowledge base and keep it up to date
- prioritise your work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent tasks first
- keep on learning as our products and services grow and evolve
- maintain a proactive approach to customer and partner satisfaction, identifying and escalating concerns before they become problems
- maintain regular communication and information exchange with the rest of the team, locally and remotely
- act as a point of escalation for technical and service issues to the delivery team.
- gain subject matter expertise in Ubuntu client, cloud and server deployments.
- identify and suggest any opportunities to provide a better service
- be capable to travel globally, 80% travel expected.
Skills and expertise
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in a Linux based environment, possibly in a support or services related position
- Senior Level Linux Professional LPIC-3 (or equivalent) certification or experience
- Advanced Cloud and virtulization experience
- Automated Linux provisioning and advanced configuration with tools such as Puppet, Chef and Canonical’s own Juju platforms.
- Advanced system administration tasks (auditing, monitoring, logging, performance tuning, capacity planning, etc.)
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable)
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas: advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.), advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.), clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.), Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.), Open Source software development
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role, meeting delivery goals and timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The above skills for Ubuntu and Debian systems specifically
- Various levels of knowledge of other Operating Systems
- Any form of involvement in the Open Source community
- Advanced programming and scripting languages knowledge
- Written and verbal fluency of languages other than English