Abraxas Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cubic Corporation, is a trusted partner to the U.S. National Security community, supporting its worldwide mission with both service and technical related programs across a vast array of Intelligence Community (IC) organizations. Our staff brings fresh perspectives from engineering, academia, national security, and defense to collaborate on multifaceted problems. We transform commercial and intelligence challenges into operational success.
CLEARANCE: Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph REQUIRED
Abraxs has ongoing needs for System Engineers with a TS/SCI w/Poly to support an Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The successful candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing Cloud based software applications using Java. technologies including ExtJS, and Web Services
- Minimum of 15 years of Data integration experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Linux operating system (CLSE or Redhat Linux)
- Minimum of 5 years of distributed computing experience using Apache Hadoop or Cloudera CDH
- Minimum of 5 years data ingestion experience
- Minimum of 10 years Data Science experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of performance engineering for large scale enterprise systems
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in systems engineering, computer science, computer engineering. Equivalent experience is also acceptable.
- Diverse experience with Big Data ingestion tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include the ability to translate and transform technical jargon and briefings into clear, concise, and meaningful products
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate collaborative teamwork within customer environment
- Ability to work and apply creativity in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Familiarity or experience with Mission IT missions and systems
- Experience or familiarity with mass analytics/big data technologies including Hadoop, Map/Reduce, and competitors.