Senior Wireless Engineer
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that brings an innovative and proven approach to how organizations around the world evaluate, architect and implement technology. Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. WWT employs over 2,500 people and operates more than 1.5 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the past three years.
World Wide Technology is currently looking to hire a Senior Wireless Engineer to join our delivery team. The Wireless Engineer will be responsible for providing technical ownership on our Professional Services engagements.
- Cisco Wireless LAN Configuration in Government (FIPS), Commercial, Manufacturing, Warehouse, and, Outdoor environments.
- Configuration of both autonomous and Light Weight Access Point Solutions, including Clean Air, Wireless Control System, WCS Navigator, MESH, RFID, and RTLS, and AeroScout.
- Installation of wireless voice technologies including Cisco 7920 series and / or Vocera Communication Systems.
- Perform wireless site surveys, conduct site evaluations and generate Heat Maps utilizing AirMagnet Survey Pro.
- Conduct wireless site surveys utilizing spectrum analysis technologies, recommend and implement corrective action.
- Configuration of Wireless Security Platforms, including intrusion prevention and clean access solutions.
- Perform network related tasks, including configuration of Cisco ISR routers, switches (3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 7K), ASA5500, ACS (AAA), Radius, IAS, QOS.
- Provide detailed network drawings and diagrams and relation as-built documentation.
- Thorough understanding of 802.11 based wireless architecture.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in network (Route/Switch) engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in wireless, security engineering.
- Cisco partner experience is a bonus.
- Strong working knowledge installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco Router/Switch and Wireless LAN Hardware products.
- Must have excellent communication skills, writing skills, and the ability to work with team members at all levels.
- This position may require up to 60% travel.
- Must have 7-10 years job related experience. Senior Design Engineer -WAN/ LAN WLAN projects- remotes sites - project lead.
- Excellent customer interface, oral communications, and technical writing skills are a must.
- Cisco knowledge with network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of routers, hubs, switches, Controllers, Access points, and cabling in a large enterprise LAN/WAN /WLAN environment.
- Knowledge of EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, FR/ATM, MPLS, IPVPN,, ACLs, QOS, TCP/IP, IPX.
- Cisco certifications of CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE required
- Candidates must have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience