World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Security Architect within our Information Technology department as part of the internal Information Security team.
- Maintain a command of modern security strategies including kill chain methodologies, the New School of Information Security, the Microsoft Security Development Life Cycle, Rugged DevOps, and data driven risk management and use this knowledge to shape Information Security’s direction.
- Lead the design of a robust vulnerability management program that is threat driven; incorporates existing processes, tools and data points; and sets priority commiserate with risk.
- Partnering with the internal IT Architecture practice to revise the software development lifecycle to better incorporate rugged design principles.
- Work with others to define, develop, and track the implementation of information security initiatives. Be able to present security initiative strategies and roadmaps to peers and management, incorporate feedback, and obtain buy-in.
- Manage and implement information security policies and standards based on ISO 27001/27002.
- Handle escalated security incidents and take appropriate action. Work individually and with others to identify, assess, report, and recover from security incidents.
- Work with others to implement security remediation measures and adhere to schedules.
- Respond when alerted to security events both during business hours and after hours as needed.
- Be a thought leader in information security for the organization.
- Personally committed to WWT’s core values (displayed at http://www2.wwt.com/careers).
- Makes decisions by analyzing the internal and external threat landscape and exhibits effective threat intelligence gathering skills.
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivering security innovations.
- 3+ years of experience performing duties similar to those in the Job Responsibilities section above.
- 5+ years of experience working in Information Technology.
- Experience working in environments using ITIL to guide IT service management.
- Independent, professional, and self-motivated.
- Able to work with and lead others.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in IT operations preferred.