Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
The market manager is responsible for orchestrating all Trimble organizational elements in order to achieve total success for the Trimble MEP Division HVAC solutions and CAD solutions as measured by revenue growth, market position, and profitability. Ultimate success in the position will be determined by the incumbent’s ability to intimately understand our products environment, market channels, customer intimacy, and to design and articulate objectives that lead to success by leveraging our relationship internally with our Trimble partners as well as our external customers.
Measures of Success:
- Perform market analyses that identify all relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success. Analyses should be complete and integral and will typically include elements such as competitive product positioning in the market place; competitor strategies; sources of differentiation; distribution channel structure, competitive manufacturing cost comparisons; market segmentation; branding strategies, etc.
- Create product business plans based on the market analysis; define the multi-generation market requirements for the product. This includes factors such as product features, product positioning, promotion, distribution and support as well as the market share, revenue and financial targets.
- Responsible for detailed product definition after project approval. Initiate and facilitate the refinement of definition and User Requirement Documents with development and application engineers.
- Participates with the product development team and project managers to ensure product development output remains consistent with the product objectives. Ensure product support is in place at time of product release, and monitor the support to ensure that it remains consistent with objectives of the business plan.
- Establishes pricing strategy based on competitive features, support, pricing and other factors related to the overall competitive position of the product. Develops the strategy for the product education of the sales force, ensuring that the sales people are fully capable of selling the product line based on features superiority and differentiation as well as other factors identified in the business plan.
- Monitors market results in detail and takes overall responsibility for ensuring that the organization is taking corrective action, if necessary due to shortfalls in performance against business plan objectives. Some of the items to be monitored include bookings, sales, market share, product performance, reliability and gross margin.
- Manages Marketing department including marketing, communications, and product marketing activities. Prepares rolling twelve-month forecast on a monthly basis for MRP process to ensure accuracy and fulfillment to market needs.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as product manager, in application, marketing, or project management.
- MBA or equivalent required though extensive understanding and experience from the HVAC/CAD industry could be another valued experience
- Solves problems through goal-centric behavior
- Comprehensive knowledge of product positioning and pricing theory
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D