Hardware Engineering Manager
Trimble is the leading provider of advanced positioning solutions that maximize productivity and enhance the profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS positioning is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so, we are changing the way the world works.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.Reporting to the Division General Manager, the Engineering Manager is responsible for execution of all product development for the division.
This management position has multiple facets:
- Strong people leadership for the engineering team, including a mix of hardware, software and test engineers.
- Hands-on management approach actively contributing to new product developments.
- Continuous improvement in product development processes.
- Driving progress in technical innovation to reach key program milestones.
- Actively participate in the business decision making process for the division.
Measures of Success:
- Creates a collaborative environment that fosters innovation and stimulates high performance in the engineering team.
- Interacts effectively with all functional areas as well as with customers, suppliers, field sales, CMs/ODMs, and division management.
- Manages product development to simultaneously meet release schedules, product requirements and development budgets.
- Successfully balances resources between new product development and sustaining engineering projects.
- Implements quality assurance processes to satisfy the high quality expectations of major accounts in the automotive and transportation markets.
- Challenges development team members to achieve extraordinary performance and advises the team to solve complex technical problems.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A BSEE or MSEE with experience developing electronic hardware running embedded firmware.
- A few years of experience as a lead engineer, program manager or engineering manager with experience, building, leading and motivating a team of hardware and software engineers in a fast paced environment.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working through complex technical issues with major customers and suppliers.
- Strong failure analysis and analytical problem solving skills.
- Embraces innovation and new technology evaluation and adaptation.
- Designing products combining sensitive RF receivers, RF transmitters and/or digital circuits that require agency certifications such as FCC, CE.
- Product development for high-volume products exposed to the harsh environments found in automotive and heavy equipment applications.
- Familiarity with GNSS, UWB, RFID, WiFi, cellular and/or spread-spectrum radio technologies and applications.
- Working knowledge of Kalman filtering techniques.
- Managing outsourced development projects, ODMs and/or projects mixing internal and outsourced engineering resources.
- Working with outside certification and test labs.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D