Phillipsburg – Process Support Technician – Raw Material Operator
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Process Support Technician at our Phillipsburg Plant in Phillipsburg, Kansas. The Process Support Technician will monitor conditions of inbound raw materials for use in the production process.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors raw materials levels; performs inventory as required on raw materials for roofing lines.
- Ensures LRL and MPL head houses and railroad track areas are kept clean; removes buildup of granules wherever they accumulate; transfers waste and scrap to appropriate disposal locations.
- Log any waste generated when unloading and turn in with paperwork.
- Pushes empty train cars off switch track utilizing side spur, with trackmobile as required. Sorts empty and full cars and spot as required to empty.
- Unloads granules to correct bins; operates controls that determine granule mixing and delivery.
- Cleans unloading pit and elevator during granule changes.
- Moves Loader into track area and remove piles of granules, dust and sand that has been swept up during the week, as required.
- Raises track mobile off side track drive to main track and set back on track to push more cars around and move cars for dock as required.
- Assists with cleanup of rock and limestone at Raymond Mill, when necessary.
- Reports any sand or granule leaks to immediate supervisor and or maintenance supervisor.
- Scoops drain pits out, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Technology preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Physical Requirements/Work environment
- This position requires physical activities such as climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision that is equal to mobile equipment operators. This is a minimum standard for use with those who operate cars, trucks, forklifts, cranes, and high lift equipment. The physical requirements of this position are rated as heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The Operator is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To be successful in this role, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities;
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. ability to write simple correspondence. ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and Word Processing software..
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
TAMKO® Building Products, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest independent manufacturers of residential and commercial roofing products (including MetalWorks® Steel Shingles), decking and railing products, waterproofing, cements and coatings. With more than 65 years in the industry, TAMKO’s success is the direct result of teamwork and enduring relationships with customers, suppliers and employees. Privately owned, TAMKO is committed to producing quality products with superior product support. For more information, visit our website at www.tamko.com.