Reports To: Director of Sales for Canada
The National Account Manager will have direct selling and P&L responsibility for a specific account base across all brands. In addition, this role will maintain one direct report.
Focused on developing and sustaining a profitable value proposition and business requirements for World Kitchen will be critical. Particularly adept at forming cross-functional relationships within World Kitchen to improve P&L metrics on the SKU range and set offerings.
Demonstrates strong business acumen and skill set competencies in joint business planning, item development, supply chain management, trade management, negotiation, and consumer marketing.
Has the ability to secure new item placement against World Kitchen key launch initiatives. Can develop fact based selling stories that aligns with our customers retail positioning, while also driving profitable top-line revenue results for World Kitchen.
Responsible for developing the annual business plan and P&L that aligns with Customers lead-time requirements, while ensuring seamless execution and support from the broader World Kitchen organization. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in the deployment of trade funding focused on maximizing retail attainment with the shopper, while also driving World Kitchen’s ROI. Can easily prioritize customer mix opportunities based profitability and the ability to drive market share. Charged with developing best in class practices related to Distribution, Merchandising, Pricing, Promotion, and Replenishment.
- Deliver net sales and gross to net plan, insuring profitable growth for World Kitchen
- Develops a cohesive business plan rooted in profitability that drives baseline and new item placement
- Works collaboratively cross-functionally to develop business process that support seamless execution against programs, while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to improving P&L metrics in the areas of COGS, trade deployment, sourcing, and freight/distribution outlays
- Demonstrates strong focus on providing superior service against customers, at all levels
- Serves as the central figure in developing Customers capabilities in the areas of strategy development, distribution, merchandising, pricing, promotion, and replenishment
- Actively participate and initiate discussions/projects with World Kitchen senior management and peers that create more effective strategies, resulting in increased profitable sales
- Effectively deploys trade resources, driving profitable market share by developing strong retail attainment programs, which reduce markdown and returns
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of large account management skills
- Strong financial acumen and P&L management competencies rooted in analytics
- Particularly adept in negotiations, business planning, and trade management
- Strong communication and prioritization skills
- Utilizes a combination of fact based and relationship selling in developing retail partnerships
- Strong critical thinking skills that can develop creative solutions to business issues or opportunities
- Ability to translate complex oral or written direction into actionable plans
- Ability to collaborate and lead cross-functionally
- Track record in leading complex business and improving customer profitability
- Adept in selling to consumption and providing accurate forecasts
- Comfortable leading and developing internal process improvement
- Ability to determine market trends and apply those trends to update business plans to insure success
- Strong technical proficiencies in the Microsoft Office applications and working in retailer proprietary systems