Huawei, a telecommunications giant, is opening a new research lab in Markham Ontario (named “Noah’s Ark Lab”). The focus is on Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Mining research. Huawei’s overall Technologies Vision is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers' market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
If you are an outstanding researcher, in a lead role who wants to take on the challenges in conducting state-of-the art research in data mining and artificial intelligence, we are aiming to attract the best talent in the world. Our goal is to push the frontier on understanding how knowledge and intelligence can be realized from Big Data.
In this role you will carry-out execution of our mission through leading the advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Data Mining Research team. The major focus of this role is on long- term research topics.
- Leader of local teams, understanding Noah’s Ark Lab strategy and defining/planning the research topics
- Leading the research team and local cooperation projects to break through in the relevant fields, including but not limited to the following:
- Computational learning theory and online algorithm design
- Markov decision process and reinforcement learning
- Lifelong machine learning and transfer learning
- Highly scalable and rigorous algorithms for mining the Big Data
- Algorithms and incentive mechanism for human computation
- Algorithms for learning causal and diagnostic models for complex systems
- Local team management and cooperation project management - including some requirement in managing the building of local ecosystem.
- A member of Noah’s Ark LAB core teams, and local interface to other global teams.
- 8+ years research experience in relevant fields
- Industry background preferred in big IT companies (ie. IBM and Google etc.)
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Interest and passion for long term research theory
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills to work with global teams
- Critical thinker - clear, open-minded and informed by evidence
- Excellent communications skills
- Team Player
- Proven management a leadership skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Occasional travel
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for interest in career opportunities with Huawei; only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.