Huawei Technologies’ Research and Development Centre in Ottawa is looking for an experienced strategy and planning leader to frame an exciting technology 3-5 year research strategy in emerging fields in IT domain – Cloud Services, Big Data, Next Generation Data Center. You will be responsible for investigating, formulating, planning, communicating, coordinating, implementing and continuously keeping the strategy fresh and exciting!
You will be a senior technical member of the Canada Research and Development team but will work with peers, researchers and scientists globally. You may be interacting with external consultants, universities, start ups, to understand the ecosystem value and listen to external experts and combine the knowledge with our internal research strength and domain knowledge to derive and recommend both longer term technology strategy and vision. The scope of technologies that you will be exploring are broad in nature but generally fall into five main categories.
- Cloud – Data Centre – compute, storage, network, fabric, switch, virtualized environments, microservers, IaaS, PaaS
- Big Data – Infrastructure, Data Organization and Management, Analytics, Applications
- Next-gen communications – Future Internet, 5G wireless, content oriented network architecture
- Mobile – Mobile Data, IoT, Connected Car, Wireless Sensors, M2M
- Media – Immersive Environments, Telepresence, Image processing, Computer Vision, Augmented Reality, HCI
You will discover more exciting technologies which create disruption in the domains listed above as you investigate new and emerging technologies on a continuous basis.
- Analyze emerging technology opportunities and articulate a well defined strategy and clear vision around them for recommending future investment in research
- Identify futuristic media trends and advise on innovative strategies for Huawei Research to follow
- Align long term vision with both long term and short term strategy
- Conduct technology related business research and analysis of value for Huawei
- Convince management to adopt the vision and accelerate execution
- Participate in technical conversations with distinguished scholars in academia and leaders in industry.
- Explore and maintain long term strategic partnership with universities and think tanks
- 10+ years of experience in strategy, technology research and technology innovation
- 8+ years experience in IT domains related industry
- Ability to initiate, lead new ideas and initiatives in collaboration with both external and internal partners
- Strong networking skills and strong coalition of support network
- Excellent Communication skills – Presentation, oral and writing skills
- Strong business development and collaboration skills
- BS/MS in digital technology area
- 30% Travel required
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for interest in career opportunities with Huawei; only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.