In this role , you will contribute to the research, development and prototyping efforts of future wireless radio access technologies for radio transceiver systems and PHY algorithms
You have technical skills to design innovative approaches through theoretical analysis and validate them in simulation under practical constraints. As part of a team prototyping the next generation advanced wireless technologies, you will use your technical skills and practical experience to contribute towards the design, development, implementation and performance testing of the new technologies.
You will monitor the state of the art technologies in academia and industries, innovate and validate the new technology ideas through prototyping. You will interact with academia, the wireless product team and the technology research and development team. You are self-motivated and able to work independently, but thrive in a team-based environment. You have a forward-looking approach and are motivated to innovate.
Key qualifications you hold include
· Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in wireless Telecommunications.
· Wireless telecommunications industry experience, at least 10 years preferred.
· Strong technical expertise in wireless radio access air interface design, RF systems design, PHY layer algorithms design, modeling, simulation, analysis and optimization.
· Experience in a leadership role in a research and development environment.
· Experience in developing algorithms targeting DSP, FPGA and/or ASIC for prototyping and/or product development.
· Experience with lab equipment for measuring RF systems and PHY layer systems performance.
· Experience with one or more wireless communication systems such as GSM, UMTS, WIMAX and, more importantly, LTE.
· Good knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies for wireless systems in the industry and academia.
· Good C++/Matlab programming skills.
· Good teamwork spirit and adaptability.
· Thrive in a dynamic, innovative, research and prototyping oriented environment.
· Good technical writing, presentation and communications skills.
· Willingness for some local and overseas travel.