The Canada Research Centre, based in Ottawa, is leading research and development of Telecom Network Infrastructure, in 4G/LTE-A, optical, network processing, and switching/router technology as we continued to promote all-IP transformation for our customers.
In this position, you will be responsible for regularly counseling the team in the Canada Research Centre of Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. - the R&D division of the Canada-based subsidiary of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. - with respect to a wide variety of legal matters. You will have responsibility to negotiate, draft, and review contracts (such as research & development agreements), collaboration agreements, licensing agreements, services agreements and other complex technology agreements. Additionally, you will assist in advising R&D division leadership teams and other internal business clients on legal issues common to a large, international organization.
- You will negotiate, draft, review, and manage the company’s agreements, including but not limited to non-disclosure agreements, research and development agreements, license agreements, services agreements, employment agreements, lease agreements and general procurement related agreements. You will review and assist with export control issues/concerns/polices, assess legal risk and provide legal advice to the company regarding corporate risk management.
- Provide support to various departments (such as HR and procurement), and advise on all other legal issues as they may arise
Key qualifications you hold include:
- Candidates must hold a LL.B./J.D. and must be a member in good standing with the LSUC. In-house experience preferred (at a company with a multinational presence) but candidates with experience gained from an IT law group of a national law firm may be considered
- A minimum of three -five years of experience
- Ability to work well independently, in addition to having strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in a collaborative setting
- Proven experience with HR issues/concerns
- Experience with IP protection (patents/copyright), ownership and assignment a definite asset
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is an asset
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for interest in career opportunities with Huawei; only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.