About HUAWEI Technologies:
- A Fortune 500 company (2010)
- 2nd largest telecom solutions provider in the world (2011)
- More than 110,000 employees worldwide (2011)
- Top 5 Most Innovative Company in the world (after Apple & Google) (2010)
- HUAWEI’s products & solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries, and have served 48 of the world's top 50 telecom operators as well as one third of the world's population
The device line of business in HUAWEI has products including mobile phones, Mobile Broadband devices, and Home devices
At present we have an exciting career opportunity for a Product Manager (Wireless Device) at Markham, ON.
SUMMARY:You will be responsible for the full scope of product management function. This includes gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, analyzing industry trends and competitive information, defining the product strategy, and manage the new product introduction projects. You will be working closely with the account managers, marketing managers, test teams, supply chain managers and other cross functional teams.
- Analyze the industry trends and competitive information, and understand customers’ needs, to bridge between R&D and the market requirements.
- Define product strategies and manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Manage the new product introduction projects to successfully launch the devices on time while meeting customer’s requirements
- Proactively address customer’s questions and provide resolutions in a timely manner
- Develop product descriptions, key features, selling points, etc. as part of the marketing collaterals
- Up to 25% travel to customer locations and industry related conferences in North America and/or overseas as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Solid understanding of Canadian telecom market, carriers requirements, product launch process, and competitive environment
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in product management / product development in the wireless industry
- Superior time management and project management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- A team player with strong cross functional leadership skills
- A self motivated & self-starting individual with a positive attitude
- Possess ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and multicultural environment
- Engineering degree and/or MBA degree an asset
Please detail in your cover letter:
- Your key achievements in your career in the telecom industry
Thank you for your interest in a career with HUAWEI.