Experience life. Love your job.
Company Profile With our unique approach to patient-focused service and commitment to high-quality care, WellStreet is redefining the urgent care experience.
Our mission is to set the new standard for patient service excellence in urgent care, becoming the provider and employer of choice in the communities we serve.
WellStreet professionals have a passion for delivering uncompromising care - one patient at a time. We delight our patients, communities and fellow team members through consistent delivery of our core values and transform our roles from jobs into callings.
Back Office X-Ray Techician / Medical Assistant
The X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant is a key member who works in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, office and clinical staff to provide patient care management, administrative functions, and routine clinical procedures in WellStreet's fast paced, high-energy clinical office environment.
• Must be certified having successfully completed a medical assistant program from an accredited school
• 2 years experience as a certified X-Ray Technician
• 1 year experience working as a medical assistant in a medical office or hospital setting.
• Must be proficient in venipuncture and injections
• Bilingual preferred
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task seeing multiple patients at once in a fast-paced high-volume environment
• Knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology
• Documentation skills and attention to detail
• Must have a working knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT
• Effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues. Ability to use tack and diplomacy appropriate to situation
• Ability to work with staff members at all levels of the organization in a cooperative, team-oriented manner
• Must be able to be mobile and work various positions (standing, sitting, bending, walking) for extended periods of time
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment
• Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required
• Conduct business in a service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, sensitive, respectful and kind with dealing with patients, visitors, the public and all colleagues
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic team player
• Responsible for traveling to all locations
• Operates radiologic equipment to produce x-rays of the body for diagnostic purposes
• Position patients & adjust equipment to produce high quality x-rays as ordered by clinicians
• Takes precautions to minimize staff and patient exposure to radiation
• Prepare patients for and assist with examination or treatments
• Perform triage and obtain vital signs
• Obtain and document patient history
• Operate office medical equipment
• Understand and enforce standard health care regulatory requirements
• Collect and maintain all patient and business documents while maintaining confidentiality
• Responsible for quality assurance program for compliance with CLIA waived laboratory and patient result trackers.
• Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties
-Document Electronic Medical Record (EMR) all medical interventions
-Assure HIPAA and OSHA compliance
• Routine Clinical Procedures
-Administer medications and non-intravenous injections (intramuscular, subcutaneous & intradermal)
-Perform aseptic procedures
-Collect routine laboratory specimens including phlebotomy, urinalysis and oral swabs
-Perform basic laboratory procedures
-Ability to start an IV, placing a catheter, & splinting a plus
• Assist in training radiology to staff members
• Must also train and perform the duties of Patient Service Representative, including but not limited to documenting patient information before & after examination on EMR system, verifying insurance eligibility and determining patient payment responsibility, scanning, filing, and faxing document, receiving requests for medication and preparing prescriptions for the signature by physicians, filing bills for patients, receiving money and undertaking any bank procedures, perform general administrative duties.
WellStreet Urgent Care is committed to providing the highest quality patient and customer care. In addition to the above requirements, WellStreet is looking for team members with the following qualities:
• A positive attitude toward patients, families & coworkers
• Willingness at all times to go the extra mile to create an outstanding experience for customers and to train & lead the center team to do the same.
• A desire to work in concert with others in an upbeat & supportive atmosphere while reinforcing the WellStreet mission to provide uncompromising service.
• A compelling desire to serve others, improve your community’s health & have fun every day.