|As a Database Administrator in the team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining client and internal databases (relational and OLAP), ensuring their adequate security and performance levels, and developing related utilities and ETL processes. You will be working closely with application development team to assist in performance tuning, creation of required scripts and stored procedures, and other tasks.
Regular duties will include:
• Install, Configure, Manage and Monitor SQL and Oracle Databases
• Ensuring and managing database security; granting/revoking permissions on demand
• Perform proactive review of systems performance metrics and alerts to ensure event correlation and trend analysis are performed on a regular basis
• Execute software or system releases as requested
• Assist technical staff with the Oracle and SQL Server and associated software packages recover and migrate databases
• Administer third-party applications that require Oracle or SQL Server support as needed
• Write, execute and peer review SQL, T-SQL, PowerShell and PL/SQL scripts, packages and functions
• Maintaining database performance by developing tuning methodologies;
• Creating and maintaining queries and stored procedures for database access, creation, and modification.
• Performing data transfers, implementing and maintaining ETL processes;
• Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database performance and trends;
• Creating and maintaining database library and data flow diagrams, documenting data acquisition and conversion processes;
• Developing and maintaining various database related utilities
• 3-4 years’ experience as a Database Administrator with Microsoft SQL Server, including SSPI, Analysis Services and Integration Services exposure.
• Previous experience with Oracle RAC
• Working knowledge of Oracle database administration including connection configuration, service settings, creating materialized views\ jobs
• Transact SQL proficiency, SQL Server Performance Tuning and Query Optimization
• Knowledge of Database Modeling and Normalization Concepts.
• Experience with configuring, implementing, and supporting high availability strategies with SQL server systems including MS clustering.
• Oracle 10g and 11g experience
• SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 R2, 2012 experience
• Understanding of database technologies, architecture, backup/recovery methodologies and theory to include OLTP, OLAP/MOLAP, data warehousing technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated commitment to quality.
• Action oriented and results driven.|