POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Director of Interactive Marketing leads the development and execution of digital marketing strategies and execution that drive customer engagement and sales/revenue growth across North America. Primary areas of focus include leading the successful planning and implementation of multi-channel marketing strategies, supported by innovative ideas that tie web, mobile, email, search, social, and traditional advertising together to provide marketing solutions based on customer insight and data. This role is also responsible for the growth, maintenance, and evolution of the branded websites, development of a customer relationship management/loyalty infrastructure and program, and analytics in support of marketing programs.
• Work with brand and channel marketing teams to translate marketing objectives into interactive marketing strategies and accompanying tactics aimed at driving increased customer engagement, purchase interest and sales for all brands across our portfolio and channels throughout North America.
• Help build a data-driven decision-making culture that utilizes high-quality analytics in making decisions around marketing communications and other elements of the user experience
• Define key performance indicators and create clear linkage between interactive strategies / tactics and each brand’s objectives. Monitor and analyze key brand performance metrics in the interactive space.
• Define and present brand-building opportunities in the interactive space based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the brand, and recommending actions that drive the business forward, including brand health measures
• Lead user experience design, including the intersection of digital content and technology, platform innovation and thought leadership, digital creative development, CRM support, e-Commerce optimization, SEO and SEM, and online and media.
• Develop and champion evolutionary social and mobile marketing programs and apps and build robust strategic digital plans as necessary
• Develop a robust email campaign. Understand and champion the opportunity associated with data driven consumer segmentation, 1:1 response marketing and metrics-driven continuous optimization, actively deploying this knowledge in digital marketing programs
• Lead SEO/SEM and social media strategy. Direct and manage SEO and PPC projects and budgets including weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately. Direct all search engine management; ensuring premium placement for all branded search terms as well as brand-neutral terms with tactical or strategic value to the company. This requires an active, ongoing understanding of search engine information architecture, editorial policies, and advertising protocol.
• Manage online communities to ensure awareness, adoption, user interaction, support and synergy with brand objectives. Work with cross functional teams to actively grow and manage the community and social media relationships with followers, power users, influencers, advocates and employees.
• Partnering with Brand teams on new media placement, planning, execution and decisions
• Managing and maintaining all marketing websites(americanstandard.com, jadousa.com, porcher.com, liberation.com, dxv.com, craneplumbing.com, fiat.com, eljer.com), microsites (responsiblebath.com, professortoilet.com), and social properties (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pintrest), integration, roadmap, feature spec process, platform customizations, development process, version upgrades, and IT support, to deliver a seamless customer experience, leveraging new technologies, corporate platforms as required, and providing insight and analysis. Including but not limited to;
• Collaborating effectively with the Brand Marketing team, Channel marketing teams, Information Technology team, Consumer Insights, Creative and web agencies and other functions as required
• Develop and manage metrics and budgets; understand and implement coding schemes for campaign tracking purposes.
• Leverage a “test, measure and refine” approach to constantly improve program results and increase the impact of online marketing on revenue and profitability
• Manage weekly and monthly performance dashboard, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately, and provide recommendations for improvement
• Manage and coach direct reports and recruit talent, as necessary, to build a high performance organization
• Innovative and high energy web marketer with 10+ years of internet or web marketing experience.
• Solid interactive experience and technical background (HTML, databases, web development tools, web analytics, graphic design).
• Demonstrated track record of having successful managed a web marketing team in a fast-paced company, with a deep understanding of different requirements and success criteria •Messaging, design, and content creation expertise, especially in high tech and SaaS markets, with a solid understanding of marketing to IT professionals today.
• An "out of box" thinker who will always challenge themselves and the team to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
• Ability to build solid cross-functional relationships and work with all levels within an organization.
• Ability to multi-process and lead the delivery of projects consistently on time and with accuracy in a very fast-paced environment.
• Experience in budget management, consultant/vendor RFP, agency management
• Experience crafting digital strategies in the context of a brand strategy and leading measurement plans
• Strong Internet marketing experience at both the strategic and tactical levels including a proven track record of success in SEO and PPC.
• Knowledge of current concepts, practices and procedures within the marketing and Internet fields.
• Comfortable communicating in both formal and informal settings, with strong written and verbal communication skills; be able to communicate complex concepts to people of different backgrounds throughout the organization
• Excellent presentation and deck writing skills
American Standard Brands is a leading North American manufacturer of a wide range of high quality kitchen and bath products including faucets, fixtures, furniture, vitreous china fixtures, cast iron sinks, whirlpool tubs and other related products. The company currently serves both the residential and commercial markets, employs more than 8,000 people in the U.S., Canada and Mexico and markets products under the American Standard®, Crane®, Eljer®, Porcher® and Jado® brands. American Standard Brands is an affiliated portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners with a minority interest held by Bain Capital Partners, Inc. American Standard Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. For more information, go to: http://www.AmericanStandard.com/.