Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Senior Strategic Buyer Engineer. The successful Senior Strategic Buyer/Engineer will significantly improve our operational flexibility and profitability by selecting, managing and developing our key raw material suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally within the organization between engineering, supply chain, finance and manufacturing to procure and manage components that are critical to Lutron's ever growing portfolio of innovative products
- Develop and implement cost reduction strategies while collaborating with both procurement engineers, design engineering, and suppliers.
- Continuously evaluate, and implement world-class, global suppliers capable of supporting Lutron's technology needs
- Project management with Lutron and supplier teams with the goal of cost innovation
- Inventory management and optimization
- Opportunity to strategically source and structure Lutron’s electronics supply chain for future growth and success
- Supply chain risk mitigation
- Facilitating early supplier integration into new product design
- Supplier relationship management
- Understand the electronics market and new product design process
- Understanding of the lighting control industry and how Lutron goes to market
- Opportunity to work with overseas Lutron and supplier teams.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a technical discipline
- Experience with electronics required
- Minimum 5 years work experience in business negotiations or supply chain management
- Strategic purchasing experience required
- Strategic thinking, with innovative ideas and a keen interest in cutting edge supply chain principals with the ability to effectively communicate ideas
- Must have: strong communication skill, negotiation skills, project management, problem solving, assertiveness, business savvy
- Computer skills required (MS Office)
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.