Shine the Light on Energy Savings
Public Relations Manager - Commercial Systems
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Public Relations Manager. In this position, you would be a key part of the Commercial Systems Marketing team and represent Lutron as the principal contact for media. A successful Public Relations Manager will position Lutron as a leader with audiences through out the energy, construction, and building owner/management industries. By building awareness of new product innovations, touting achievements, and increasing the visibility of Lutron, you will drive increased sales of Lutron products and services through traditional commercial influencers and channel partners.
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
- Support commercial business initiatives by effectively executing public relations programs across all media platforms. These platforms include print and electronic media, tradeshows, industry associations, and social media. Serve as the primary commercial public relations contact for all platforms, and build strong relationships with commercial influencers, including industry writers/editors, bloggers, thought leaders and association members.
- Develop commercial public relations strategies based on market drivers, industry trends, and sales processes across channels within the commercial business. Collaborate with business, marketing and product leaders in developing strategies as an integrated part of the overall commercial marketing communications plan.
- Build an expertise in commercial products and solutions, the benefits they provide, as well as with the various markets for those products and solutions.
- Establish tactical commercial public relations plans, including the messaging and positioning of products and solutions, while maintaining brand consistency. Drive day to day activities with internal stakeholders, agency partners, and media organizations.
- Develop and manage the commercial public relations budget. Report on the effectiveness of programs and initiatives to demonstrate ROI. Establish a clear connection between public relations initiatives and company business initiatives, including new market development, new product adoption, and overall sales growth.
- Manage external public relations agencies on a daily basis to ensure commercial public relations initiatives are being executed in accordance with plans. Collaborate with external public relations agencies on strategic goals.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 7+ years of Public Relations experience with increasing job responsibilities
- Demonstrated success generating media coverage in the US, including social media
- Strong verbal communicator, exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to work across all organizational levels
- Proven experience collaborating with or leading cross-functional teams
- Technical aptitude (building product/system related experience ideal)
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com