~~General Position Description
The Project Accountant works on-site with the project team to help build a safe, quality, profitable project. The Project Accountant role is to ensure the financial health of the project(s) by aggressively collecting revenue, accurately forecasting costs and revenues, and timely escalating all potential financial issues to Senior Management.
This position is responsible for job forecasting, cash flow forecasting, budget download, subcontractor invoicing, change orders, compliance auditing and financial reporting.
• Ensures all invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Follows up to assure timely payment of invoices.
• Prepares quarterly accurate and reliable forecasts and reports that enable management to make effective business decisions.
• Timely prepares the 12 month cash flow schedule with emphasis on the 30/60/90 day period.
• Leads the initial budget download process, and works with the super/PM to setup the coding structure for the project. On a timely basis updates the project budget to account for change orders and project revisions.
• Ensures the team aggressively pursues timely payment of change orders and/or claims from the client.
• Ensures all T&M cost are properly captured and submitted on a timely basis, works with AR department to co-ordinate the price up of the tickets
• Ensures the team properly tracks, daily logs, monthly reconciles, and impeccably documents quantities.
• Understands variances and identifies the components of the over/under billing. Communicates this information to senior management and works with the project team to resolve.
• Ensures the cash flow checklist is being followed to maximize project cash flow.
• Ensures all payroll issues are accurately and timely resolved.
• Ensures the project team accurately completes all minority, affirmative action, and EEO reporting in a timely manner.
• Ensures all subcontractor documentation is received and executed in a timely manner to ensure compliance to the payment terms of the Subcontractor Agreement.
• Ensures the project is on target to meet its DBE goals.
• Ensures all invoices are received and vouchered in the appropriate month, prior to the monthly closing deadline.
• Reviews and understands the Client's contract for general specifications, sales tax, invoicing, extra work billing, and change management.
• Reviews the weekly equipment charges and utilization reports. Discusses any variances with the project team to ensure they make real time cost decisions.
• Ensures closeout items are completed by the end of each phase of work and all retainage is collected within 90 days of substantial completion
• Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience of relevant accounting experience in the construction industry with progressively greater responsibility.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Knowledge of cost tracking principles, concepts, and systems.
• Knowledge of Equipment Blue Book Rates.
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements.
• Knowledge of various types of construction contracts (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Cost Reimbursement, Unit Price).
• Knowledge of project management concepts.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), Expedition, HCSS, PeopleSoft (or comparable) ERP.
• Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
• Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
• Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
• Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
• Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
• Conti has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision on the first day of your employment. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.
The Conti Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.