Executive Pastry Chef
|# of Openings:||1|
Williams & Associates Hospitality currently has an opening for a dynamic, creative, talented Pastry Chef who can blow our guests away with their creations. The Pastry Chef supports all culinary aspects of Flint Restaurant, Vast Restaurant as well as our Catering and Events business. Show us what you can do! Work in a fast pace environment with a small yet great team of Pastry Cooks.
Scope of Responsibility:
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative pastries of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the dining rooms and event facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction, improved market share and increased covers and revenues in all revenue generating outlets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Trains, develops, and motivates supervisors and pastry culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis. Teaches pastry techniques and preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the pastry department at the property.
2) Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, motivating and counseling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
3) Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
4) As part of the management team, displays an attitude of loyalty, dedication, confidentiality and a willingness to cooperate with other team executives and staff. Accepts projects and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Culinary Operations and completes in a timely manner.
5) Ensures all equipment in the kitchens is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with County Health Department and hotel standards.
6) Coordinates with support departments for acquisition of needed goods and services.
7) Ensures sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
8) Ensures all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
9) Remains at all times appropriately groomed and wears the uniform provided.
10) Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food services areas.
1) Must possess basic reading, basic writing, and basic mathematical skills.
2) At least 5 years high-volume pastry experience with extensive knowledge and experience in all technical aspects of pastry work.
3) Strong interpersonal and communication skills involved in culinary training, specifically pastry.
1) Ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
2) Ability to perform reaching, stooping and/or crouching motions repeatedly.
3) Dexterity in the hands and fingers needed to effectively manipulate the tools and utensils used in food preparation.
4) Visual abilities (closeness and depth perception) to ensure quality food preparation and personal safety with various types of equipment.
5) Must have the sense of smell and taste needed to ensure quality food preparation.
1) Discuss daily food cost/labor cost reports with key kitchen and F&B staff as needed.
2) Manage all pastry recipe development and distribution.
3) Review weekly schedules to meet forecasts and budgets.
4) Troubleshoot unexpected or unusual situations in the kitchens.
5) Interview and hire employment applicants for pastry employee positions.
6) Attend and participate in various meetings and administrative sessions.
1) Excel at Tallow work – specifically sculptures
2) Excel at marzipan artwork
3) Excel with pulled and blown sugar work
4) Excel at chocolate artwork
5) Create and revise restaurant special events and banquet menus as requested including all ranges of specialty and special event desserts (i.e. wedding cakes)
6) Additional related duties as requested by VP of Culinary Operations.
Leader, trainer and motivator of staff
Strong verbal and written communicator
Creative and artistic
Personable and approachable
Enjoys active guest interaction
High energy level
Neat in appearance
Good judge of people and situations
Focused with ability to handle many details and heavy volume of events
Strong work ethic
Stable and committed
Fine reputation in personal and professional life
Strong supervisory skills
Good decision maker
Maintains a passion for pastry
Maintains a reputation for consistency and fairness
Self-starter who brings solutions and new ideas. Must be resourceful and confident in abilities. Proven record of pastry accomplishments by recognitions personally achieved with concurrent recognitions for the pastry of the affiliated hotel or restaurant. Must be willing to participate in pastry competitions locally, regionally, and nationally representing WAH. Must be willing to make a long term commitment to the Management and Culinary teams to establish and maintain a reputation for excellence in pastry locally, regionally and nationally.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results