Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, the Senior Manager will execute/lead special assignments or projects and provide financial analysis to aid in the decision making of senior management. As a result of the projects worked on, the Senior Manager will be liaising with Senior Management (SVPs, and VPs). The role will require working closely with and acquiring a good understanding of all finance functions.
- Work with business unit leaders and Finance to analyze financial and non-financial data to understand and identify trends, issues and opportunities to support strategic planning and to aid budgeting and forecasting.
- Actively probe and initiate analysis of current year’s budget and actual expenses to initiate timely corrective action and achieve savings and improved expense management. Design tools/processes to highlight and escalate variances.
- Execute/lead special assignments or projects including business process re-engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS)/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) evaluation and implementation and other ad hoc projects supporting the VP Finance.
- Review and analyze IIROC’s financial investments to ensure alignment with the Investment Policy.
- Review and analyze capital investments; analyze business cases, financing, accounting and cash flow of capital expenditures and RFP pricing analysis for major contracts.
- University degree and accounting designation
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in a Finance Department in increasingly senior roles with extensive experience in financial analysis
- Experience in leading and executing projects across various business units
- CFA designation an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive and sophisticated analysis and cost modelling experience where there are no precedents
- Advanced Excel (i.e. pivot tables) and database skills in financial analysis
- Working knowledge of standard MIS systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil detailed analysis into clearly understandable actionable recommendations and present to senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills
- Change management and business process skills
- Strong problem solving ability to identify such problems, review and analyze related information, and evaluate options and make recommendations
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to engage and to interact with senior and junior level employees
- Experience in implementing MIS or ERP solutions desirable
- Management experience desirable