An inventory clerk is an entry-level professional who manages the day-to-day inventory control responsibilities in an effort to provide support to the finance and store operations departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Investigates to determine the source of an inventory discrepancy.
- Manages third-party vendor relations to support physical inventories in store locations
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Performs regular audits on incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Compares on-hand inventory, sales orders, computer records and order forms to ensure all procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Creates and maintains lists of inventory shortages and keeps an overall inventory balance and master
- Previous corporate office experience required
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proficient in data entry and data management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills required to deal with a diversity of projects and fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills