Accurately issue pay to employees by calculating earnings and deductions in accordance with established practices and guidelines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process garnishments for corporate and field employees (multi-state)
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data using appropriate software
- Review and verify source documents
- Calculate and post payroll deductions
- Process payroll by established deadlines
- Issue statements of earnings and deductions
- Reconcile employee deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, salary increases, etc.
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions
- Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave
- Address employee's pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- Produce federal, state and local tax payments
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines
- Previous experience processing garnishments required.
- Previous corporate office experience required.
- Previous experience in payroll processing
- Solid data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong numerical skills
- Understanding of internal controls
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills required to deal with a diversity of projects and fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.