JOIN US AS A STORE MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATE!
About this Opportunity:
Maintenance Associates perform support to the ALCO Store facility, equipment and grounds to ensure optimum efficiency, availability, safety, cleanliness and appearance.
- Pick up and remove trash from the parking lot and surrounding areas of the store, sales floor and stock areas.
- Maintain exterior of the store including, but not limited to: sidewalks, parking lots, windows, receiving platform and dumpsters.
- Maintain interior of the store including, but not limited to: trash receptacles, associate lounge, floor mats, stairwells, restrooms, windows, water fountains, offices, selling floor and stock area.
- Maintain external appearance of the store to include, but not limited to: grass cutting, weed pulling, and general maintenance.
- Interior maintenance to include, but not limited to: replacing light bulbs, cleaning air-conditioning/heating vents, minor repairs of fixtures and structures, floor tape, and general repair work throughout the store.
- Efficiently operate floor buffer and all related tools or accessories associated with floor maintenance.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager, Management Team, and Store Associates.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance knowledge
- Able to identify and respond to mechanical equipment problems
- Able to use basic hand tools
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs from floor level to above shoulder height.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb, push, pull, and lift repetitively.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
ALCO is a discount retailer serving small communities in 23 states nationwide. ALCO offers quality, name-brand merchandise at great value prices. ALCO employees are eligible for paid vacation, holidays, an associate discount, sick pay and a 401(k) plan.