Responsible for behavioral treatment plan implementation, assessment and documentation for individuals with developmental disabilities, ranging from young children to adults.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training.
- Ability to perform needed personal care and medical procedures, as needed.
- Ability to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory clients, when needed .
- Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to implement structured teaching programs, positive behavior support plans, and record client-specific data as directed.
- Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends, when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Prefer bachelor's degree and one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, children with Autism etc.) and familiarity with applied behavior analysis (ABA).
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work, where applicable.
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Meet agency driving requirements and operate agency (if needed) and personal vehicles.
- Successfully completes at least 20 hours of direct supervised experience in the use of behavioral therapies / ABA (documentation of prior supervision experience will be accepted). The use of behavioral therapies will be consistent with best practice and research on effectiveness for people with autism and other developmental disabilities.