The Genomic Sales Specialist is responsible for promoting the Corus CAD gene expression test sales through effective interaction with health care professionals to increase awareness and use of the company’s test. The Territory Manager will sell physicians on the value of Corus CAD, educate physicians’ practices on identifying appropriate patients and provide patient education to drive use of Corus CAD.
- Develop and implement a business plan to drive growth in the territory, with a specific focus on growth of payer-covered tests. This plan will include the identification of new business opportunities to sell Corus CAD and plans to approach potential customers to grow adoption of the test resulting in increased sales.
- Grow the number of Corus CAD tests resulted for customers in his/her territory, and grow the number of health care providers and practices that utilize Corus CAD.
- Build effective business relationships with health care professionals including physicians, allied health professionals, and medical staff. The Territory Manager should spend the majority of his/her time calling on health care professionals including primary care and cardiology physicians.
- Provide information, including Corus CAD clinical data, and inservicing to health care professionals to aid their understanding of the appropriate use of Corus CAD. Interact with lab personnel and phlebotomy to educate on the blood draw and use of the patient sample kit to collect and send the patient’s blood sample to CardioDx.
- Establish phlebotomy solutions to draw the patient’s blood. These may include drawing the blood in the provider’s office, or using an outside patient service center offering phlebotomy services. Interact with lab personnel and phlebotomy to educate on the logistics and blood draw.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all company departments. Support field managed care efforts as needed.
- Support Academic institutions by providing education, training on logistics to staff and consistent account maintenance
- Work with Strategic Account team to pull through business initiatives in targeted Academic/prestigious accounts
- 5+ years medical sales experience, preferably with a respected pharmaceutical, biotech, or diagnostic company
- Four year college degree
- Proven ability to promote and sell medical products to health care professionals including primary care physicians and cardiologists in an office-based setting. Documented high performance sales results and ranking.
- Strong documented relationships with healthcare providers, including key opinion leader development, suggesting mutual respect that will lead to adequate time to present the company’s test.
- Experience selling cardiovascular products preferred
- Important competencies include being self-motivated, professionally mature, of high integrity, trustworthy, able to operate independently, interpersonal and communication skills, persuasive ability, planning and organizing skills, problem solving skills, judgment and decision-making skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, resilience, and adaptability
- Ability to manage complexity of supporting both community based providers and supporting needs in an Academic/Hospital Account environment.