- Perform all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering activities with regard to Product build/Design for Manufacturability.
- Responsible for transitioning hardware products from design into manufacturing.
- Works with hardware development engineering groups to assure products meet industry standards to design for manufacturability and design for test.
- Develop PCB assembly process to assure products are built to high standards of quality while meeting cost objectives.
- Assures products are built to specification and assists in resolving technical issues that affect revenue plans relating to product shipments.
- Supports the Configuration Management System and ECO implementation.
- Play a key role and may coordinate with multiple design groups in the New Product Development Process as it related to Manufacturing.
- Work with Product Management and other Engineering Teams to assist in the creation release and implementation of ECNs as well as assure revision consistency between the CMS, ERP and manufacturers systems.
- Generate MPI documents for production.
- Support the creation of manufacturing quote.
- Provide support to management in terms to continuous improvement.
- Participate in root cause analysis for any defect products.
Experience and Skill Requirement:
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 6-10 years of PCBA Manufacturing and Design related engineering experience, performing both hands on and management roles in the field of hardware products such as servers, printed circuit assemblies, and mechanical chassis design, in circuit testing and compliance testing.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practice for mechanical design for manufacturability and testability. Ability to work with manufacturing from both an advisory and development role.
- Full understanding of product costing as it relates to component and manufacturing process selection. Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques as well as design for six sigma.
- Operational knowledge of SMT processes and procedures, including PCB layout and fabrication, DFT, and DFM.