The Business Development Executive (BDE) is an individual who has proven sales experience and product knowledge in the training/learning/professional development industry. This seasoned sales professional will have demonstrated success in pursuit and closing large-scale programs in the Federal agencies as both a prime and sub contractor.
The BDE must be an effective strategist and communicator who takes a consultative approach in uncovering and responding to the needs and objectives of prospects and clients and identify and manage appropriate prime and sub partnerships. This position will work within the Corporate Sales Department, report to the Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, and work closely with the executive management and senior staff in defining and realizing sales revenue goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting assigned revenue objectives and goals (quotas). Work to grow assigned accounts by a minimum of 13.5% year over year.
- Identify new prospective clients; develop and execute sales strategies and action plans that will win new business and produce maximum market penetration.
- Assist the Sales Business Development Managers and Account Managers with meeting and exceeding annual revenue goals through long-term opportunities.
- Develop business strategies and solutions for complex and multi-faceted customer problems and internally provide advice and counsel to support the overall growth strategy and execution of plans for driving Management Concepts government business activities in the US Federal Government.
- Articulate the Company’s entire product and service portfolio required to meet customers’ needs and challenges.
- Work closely with corporate and technical resources to develop solutions and materials to support customers in the Federal training and professional development market.
- Work collaboratively with internal staff to identify client and market needs and develop and implement appropriate solutions and deliverables.
- Conduct research and closely monitor intelligence about clients, client industries and/or markets and upcoming contracts and procurements.
- Develop and maintain key business contacts in Federal sectors.
- Develop and maintain key contacts within current and potential partner organizations. Plan and develop partnerships with key government contractors.
- Target, coordinate, and develop capture strategy activities to include the identification of potential new solicitations and opportunities. Lead the capture management process on large-scale proposals.
- Prepare business development forecasts and strategies.
- Establish and maintain close, on-going personal contact with key strategic clients and partners as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10-12 years of strategic Federal Government sales experience in a service-oriented business.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed a minimum of $5 million in annual revenue quotas.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with demonstrated experience in consultative sales and the ability to present solutions to client needs.
- Knowledge of the regulations that drive the Federal Government capture processes.
- A strong bottom line orientation and an ability to assist internal business units in using sales strategies effectively to profitably acquire and retain clients.
- A high-level of drive, discipline, creativity and motivation.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented team environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Experience selling to training or professional services to Federal Government
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills (including Salesforce.com, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook)