- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual Contribution Margin objectives of assigned territories in Ohio and Michigan, whether defined by geography, account list, or some combination thereof while managing to assigned expense budgets.
- Undertake strategic market initiatives at the direction of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate maximum short term and long term Contribution Margin from assigned territory.
- Maintain business relationships with existing automobile and motorcycle dealerships through consultative partnerships adding value and impacting LoJack revenue.
- Build LoJack revenues by gaining new business with Hunter acquisitions with or without Agent affiliation
- Leading and motivating dealer personnel with focus on initiatives of Agent and National Accounts.
- Train dealership personnel to be effective and informed in selling all LoJack products.
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding Accounts Receivables in assigned territory.
- Generate new business through existing dealership visits by employing training tools and consumer selling collateral to improve LoJack penetration and dealer revenue.
- Persuasively sell to dealers and employ the three step process of professional selling skills: Advise GM of planned call objectives, execute same, recap to GM and appropriate parties call results and follow-up.
- Manage the agreed to Expense Budget for line items under BDM control.
- Plan and track within provided communication tools such as Market Summaries, Forecasting, CRM, and the like for the content of the BDM’s assigned territory.
- Responsible for executing their personal development plans for self-improvement as
contained in their Individual Development Plan.
- Develop mutually beneficial business relationships in concert with National Account Vice Presidents for national account’s platform personnel as appropriate.
- Ensure that all dealer agreements are consistent with the policies and procedures of the company (e.g. Price Change Notification, programs, service level agreements, etc.).
- Participate in periodic meetings with ABDs.
- Work collaboratively with LoJack Law Enforcement Liaisons to affect demo tracks and other activities to connect the value of LoJack to the consumer selling proposition
- Ensure that LoJack Customer service is meeting the needs of customers in order to grow our business effectively while still efficiently with focus on Overdrive partners Platinum support.
- Utilize Dealer Development Funds in accordance with company policy to impact the Contribution Margin of assigned territory.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of key initiatives to their Area Business Director and to the Sales Planning & Marketing Departments.
- Report and detail competitive activity to the ABD and Corporate.
- Responsible for penetration to the spheres of influence within their assigned dealerships to include but not limited to Dealer Principal, General Manager, General Sales Manager/Other Sales Managers, Controller, Fixed Operations Manager(s), and the Finance department in total.
- Explore and execute alternative installation methodologies for increased profitability at all dealers within their market.
- Execute all national and regional quarterly promotions within the policies and objectives for those quarterly promotions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- General agent experience selling and servicing a wide range of automotive dealerships.
- Experienced in training to include automotive and F&I sales
- Experience in automotive sales and management.
- Extensive experience in account planning, presentation and negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement and execute and effective sales strategy with and through a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record for developing accounts and closing deals
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of prior related industry professional sales experience preferred.
- Related industry experience would include retail automotive/dealership as well as outside sales experience calling on automotive dealerships.
- Outside sales professionals with proven track records of success outside of related industry experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Frequent travel by car – 80% of work time. Overnight travel required for meeting attendance.
* This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the responsibilities and working conditions of the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
In addition to challenging career opportunities, LoJack offers highly competitive compensation and benefit packages including Health and Dental PPO coverage through BCBS, 401k with generous Company Match, 100% Company Funded Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, College Funding Plan, Discounted Home and Auto Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Company Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Matching Gifts Program, Referral Incentives and Discounts on Company Products.
We are committed to creating a work environment that results in success. We have created a culture that fosters professional development and personal growth, a balanced life and satisfaction through accomplishing measurable goals while securing superior customer satisfaction.