Strong values. Exceptional service. Outstanding individuals. These characteristics have defined us since Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP was founded in 1940 and continue to do so as we welcome our fourth generation of partners to the firm. Our exceptional service to clients and community is what places us in the top 100 public accounting and consulting firms in the nation.
The System Administrator will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades of all servers, operating systems and application software. Maintaining knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards is also required. Also responsible for answering helpdesk calls, desktop support and managing helpdesk work orders.
ESSENTIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, SAN, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Rotating On-call 24X7
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training, Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Server & Network Performance Tuning & Maintenance.
• Microsoft DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Lync 2013, Cisco Firewall & Switching, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, SCOM and SCCM
• Associates in System Administration or similar degree preferred
• Microsoft MCSE
• Cisco CCNA
Education and Experience:
• 5 Yrs. of Microsoft Server
• 3 Yrs. SAN
• 3 Yrs. Of Citrix
• 2 Yrs. of Microsoft SQL
• 3 Yrs. of Microsoft Exchange Server
• 2 Yrs. of Hyper-V
• 2 Yrs. of Telephony
• 2 Yrs. of Cisco Networking
• 2 Yrs. of HP Proliant Server
• 1 Yr. of Microsoft Office 365
• Working in a Professional Services environment
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent "people" skills
• Strong problem solving techniques
• Good ability to handle multiple projects
Everything begins with a focus on our clients. Our enthusiasm is visible in our proactive search for new ways to answer client needs more effectively. It's our company-wide commitment to quality that sets us apart. Our staff is composed of outstanding individuals who exemplify our Firm's commitment to Tradition + Innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit. Our people make us one of the largest and most respected accounting and consulting firms in the Upper Midwest. Teamwork creates opportunities for employees to learn from one another, from our partners, and from our clients. It's the ongoing opportunity to grow, and strengthen our skills as a team, that builds our competitive edge.
Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by the Minnesota Business Magazine and one of the “Best Accounting Firms for Women,” by the American Society of Women Accountants and the American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants.