Strong values. Exceptional service. Outstanding individuals. These characteristics have defined us since Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP was founded in 1940 and continue to do so as we welcome our fourth generation of partners to the firm. Our exceptional service to clients and community is what places us in the top 100 public accounting and consulting firms in the nation.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for an assigned group of clients in various industries and the delivery of a full range of tax services. Interact closely with the client to provide planning, consulting and compliance expertise. Work closely with partners and staff on client management and practice development activities.
ESSENTIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prior managerial or leadership experience is a must.
• Responsible for training and developing staff.
• Provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients in a range of industries to include: real estate, construction, hospitality, manufacturing, distribution, not-for-profit, financial services.
• Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements. Serve as business advisor to client.
• Identify and capitalize on opportunities to sell tax services.
• Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction and to ensure deadlines are met.
• Primary and secondary reviewer of complex tax returns including Corporate, S-Corporate, Partnership, and Individuals.
• Research tax matters.
• Formulate and deliver innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
• Manage and supervise associates and senior associates. Ensure workload is properly distributed.
• Aid in development and training of tax associates and senior associates.
• Assist in recruiting.
• Perform other job related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• 8 years or more of federal tax consulting/ compliance experience preferably in public accounting.
• Must have a B.S. in Accounting or a law degree.
• CPA or JD required.
• LLM-taxation, or Masters in Taxation a plus.
• Experience in reviewing Corporate, S-Corporate and/ or Partnership returns.
• Experience using tax technology a must.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are critical.
• Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment is essential.
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities is required.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
• Technical expertise is essential.
• Some travel will be required.
Everything begins with a focus on our clients. Our enthusiasm is visible in our proactive search for new ways to answer client needs more effectively. It's our company-wide commitment to quality that sets us apart. Our staff is composed of outstanding individuals who exemplify our Firm's commitment to Tradition + Innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit. Our people make us one of the largest and most respected accounting and consulting firms in the Upper Midwest. Teamwork creates opportunities for employees to learn from one another, from our partners, and from our clients. It's the ongoing opportunity to grow, and strengthen our skills as a team, that builds our competitive edge.
Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by the Minnesota Business Magazine and one of the “Best Accounting Firms for Women,” by the American Society of Women Accountants and the American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants.