Baytown GMC/Buick, a Ken Garff Company, is currently seeking service oriented and methodical GM Certified Service Technicians!
Why Work for Baytown?
We recognize the importance of a benefit program that provides protection to our employees and their families. A comprehensive benefits program has been created to fulfill a wide range of needs.
Benefits available to employees include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Medical Preventive care covered at 100%
- Vision materials plan - $250 available per member, per calendar year, for vision materials
- Insurance Premium discount for participation and compliance in company Personal Wellness Program
- Monetary incentives for maintaining and improving goals of Personal Wellness Program
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance of $20,000
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Voluntary Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan with Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay, if applicable
- Volunteer Time Off Program- We pay employees up to 8 per year to volunteer with a charitable organization that you are passionate about.
- Year-end bonus program for all employees (Garff Giveback)
- Discounts on Parts and Service and More!
We are looking for strong service oriented GM Certified Technicians in Electrical and Drivability who will be responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work. They will also oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her and provide exceptional service that will create lifetime customers. The selected individuals will need to:
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise the Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position:
- Must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend job-related instructions and information whether electronic or paper-based.
- ASE certification preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, good judgment and an eye for detail.
- Valid in-state driver's license.
Our Company Culture:
Ken Garff was founded over 82 years ago in downtown Salt Lake City, UT based upon principles of honesty, integrity, and personalized customer service.
Ken's legacy lives on, as Ken Garff has over 45 stores throughout Utah, Texas, Iowa, Nevada and California, with today's sales totaling nearly $3 billion.
Despite the company's growth and changes within a challenging market place, Ken Garff is going to great lengths to keep alive and well the principles upon which Ken founded the company, of providing an unsurpassed experience for every customer, every time.
At Baytown, our Employees strongly believe in our Company Values. We are looking for individuals who feel the same way. Our Values are as follows:
Develops employees and/or self through continuous training
Respects and keeps promises to customers and coworkers
Intently listens to understand customer and co-worker needs
Values honesty, transparency, and consistency in all of our dealings
Exemplifies Brand Persona (professional, sensitive, knowledgeable, resourceful, reliable, and transparent)
Applicants will be required to complete an employment application and additional pre-employment requirements.
Selected applicants will be required to submit to and successfully complete MVR, background check, and pre-employment drug test.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job and to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances dictate.
Baytown GMC/Buick is an Equal Opportunity Employer