Provides HR support to all levels of personnel within the organization using applicable knowledge in human resources with highly developed interpersonal, organizational and technical skills. Maintains strict confidentiality and assists management and employees with HR related matters. Manages human resources records and supports various HR projects in alignment with organizational objectives.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in the preparation and in maintaining the employee handbook.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in the administration of the compensation program and in the administration of the performance appraisal program; assists with the development of the HR budget.
- Performs benefits administration to include change reporting, invoice review, and communication of benefit information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; Writes and places advertisements; Coordinate pre-employment candidate assessment testing processes for specified non-exempt positions; Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Provide HR support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures, benefits and policies in a timely manner.
- Handles employee relations - counseling/coaching and employee separation process within skill level, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Serves as a liaison between employees, PEO agency, and benefits providers; resolves issues within skill & knowledge level, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Maintains HR records in PEO and Provider databases; compiles reports from each database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Keep up knowledge base with current HR Laws & Regulation updates; attend various related Conferences and Seminars relating to these topics surrounding HR matters.
- Conduct day-to-day payroll administration, including bi-weekly payroll processing, timesheet review/corrections, and overtime reporting; initial point of contact for company personnel.
- Administer Leaves of Absence for all personnel; maintain absence tracking and reporting
- Responds to government and agency inquiries and complies with all reporting requirements, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Perform administrative office support to the VP of HR including preparing, verifying and maintaining department records, reports and procedures.
- Active member of the Family Assistance Team in the event of an emergency such as: hurricane, weather related incident and safety/injury related incident.
- Assist in the Wellness Program initiatives and meetings.
- Plan and coordinate special functions and events as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other business major
- 7 - 12 years Human Resources experience concentration in Employee Relations, HSE, Business Partner as well as Training and Development
- Plant or Field/Construction Experinece
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Advanced level related courses
- Must operate with the highest level of integrity, diplomacy and maintain strict confidentiality
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Demonstrated professionalism, efficiency and dependability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in the use of PC equipment and software including Windows and MS Office products (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
- Read, analyze and interpret reports and documents
- Ability to solve practical problems with minimal guidance
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks