Summary of Position:
The Dishwasher is responsible for keeping all cleanable items clean and maintaining the cleanliness of the work areas including ballroom kitchen, hospitality kitchen, loading dock and stewarding areas.
• Clean all plate ware, flatware, pots, pans, glassware, baking equipment, utensils, and silverware are cleaned on a daily basis according to specific operating procedures
• Assist with preparation of foods when necessary or prudent
• Maintain floors in stewarding area by sweeping and mopping as needed or requested.
• Maintain floor drains
• Keep all equipment operating effectively by ensuring it is clean and in good working order, complying with health department regulations
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment such as fryers, broilers, slicers, and conveyer line belts
• Prepare and assist in actual service of functions as needed
• Assist in transportation of all off property functions, transporting dishes to hot boxes
• Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots, and pans promptly and completely to allow cooks to complete their job functions.
• Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Experience: Dish Room experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Food handlers card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen
• Ability to use strong kitchen cleaning products in order to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs.) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
• Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to operate and clean all kitchen equipment.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to provide requisitions as needed or specified by a supervisor.
• Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment
• Ability to memorize, perform and adhere to La Playa’s Handbook Standards
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appropriate appearance (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
• Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at La Playa.
La Playa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at La Playa, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and naturally grand associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.